YEREVAN MEDICAL INSTITUTE Ministries of Health of the Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic. In March, 1922 at Yerevan un-those it was organized by medical f-t; in 1927 the first release of 33 doctors took place. In 1930 on the basis of medical f-that un-that it was created by medical in-t with two f-tami: treatment-and-prophylactic and sanitary and hygienic. In 1958 it was organized pediatric by f-t, in 1961 — dental and in 1972 — pharmaceutical. In 1963 from in-that it was allocated to f-t of improvement of doctors (nowadays Yerevan state with in-t of improvement of doctors).
V E. m and. the academician of the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences and AN of the Automated workplace worked. SSR L. A. Oganesyan, academician of the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences A. B. Aleksanyan, member correspondent of the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences R. O. Eolyan, V. A. Fanardzhyan.
E. m and. — one of the largest medical higher education institutions of the country (see. Medical institutes ). For life time (1922 — 1976) in-t trained 10 916 doctors, from them pediatricians 874, stomatologists 386. First release of druggists (40 people) took place in 1977. On 1976/77 uch. year in in-those studied apprx. 3000 students. Since 1970 annual enrollment of students is made by the 425th persons. V E. m and. also students from the Arab Republic of Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Sudan, Turkey, Uruguay, Ethiopia and some other countries study. In work of scientific student circles it is involved apprx. 70% of students; in 1972 — 1976 students in-that repeatedly received awards at all-Union and republican competitions of the best student's works; exchange of student's groups with medical in-ta of ChSSR and Party of Russian Taxpayers for passing of a work practice is traditional.
Wedge, bases in-that are located in republican and city-tsakh, the beds 4750 which are large specialized institutions with total quantity, including therapeutic — 1061, surgical — 1133, infectious — 250, pediatric — 720, psychiatric — 300, obstetric and gynecologic — 470, neurologic — 140.
At 60 departments and in TsNIL E. m and. more than 700 research associates (1976) work, among them the member correspondent of the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences of A. A. Mag the slave yan (psychiatry), the member correspondent of AN of the Automated workplace is. SSR And. X. Gevorkyan (hospital surgery), S. A. Mirzoyan (pharmacology), 12 honored workers of science and 70 doctors of science.
In 1969 — 1976 completed postgraduate studies 40 people, more than 70 doctors were trained in a wedge, an internship, 39 doctor's and 110 master's theses are defended. For the same years employees in-that published 24 monographs, 10 textbooks, manuals, the guides and reference books. The «Atlas of inborn heart diseases and the main vessels» made by the prof. A. D. Dzhagaryan was conferred an award of Burdenko (1957) and the international award «Grand Prix» in Brussels (1958); the prof. V. A. Astvatsatryan for the textbook written to them by children's diseases for students medical in-that was conferred the State award of the Armenian Soviet Socialist Republic (1976).
At departments and in research laboratories E. m and. researches on urgent problems of theoretical and applied medicine are conducted: the pathogeny is studied, diagnostic methods and treatments of cardiovascular diseases, a periodic disease are developed. Researches on a problem of age features of a children's organism normal are conducted and at pathology; to questions of occupational health and occupational diseases at a number of the industrial enterprises of the republic; to theoretical questions of biochemistry and patokhimiya of a metabolism, questions of reactivity of an organism and century of N of, etc. Much attention is paid to research of new pharmaceuticals and studying of the mechanism of their action.
Employees a wedge, departments in-that provide advice of health care to practical bodies. Exit scientific and practical conferences, systematically organized lectures, seminar classes given in regional-tsakh and policlinics of the republic, promote professional development of workers of practical health care and improvement of quality of the medical and diagnostic help. Many manager. departments are chief specialists of M3 of the republic. At the initiative of E. m and. forces of professors and associate professors a wedge, departments at the largest enterprises of the republic — chemical plant of S. M. Kirov and Armyansk electromachine-building production association «Armelektromash» created policlinics on a voluntary basis. Crews of highly skilled doctors in-that which part professors are associate professors are specialists of different fields of medicine, in certain days leave to the cities and areas of the republic for carrying out advisory receptions.
E. S. Gabriyelyan.